- 9/11, Al-Qaeda, Taliban and IEDs. Patriot Act, TSA, Homeland Security, drones.
WikiLeaks and the Snownden-NSA leaks.
- Appointed Czars: Bush 33, Obama 38. Executive orders: Bush 146, Obama 147. (First term only.)
- TEA Party and Occupy Wall Street. Universal Health Care (Obamacare) and Sequester. Debt ceiling.
- Bailouts and cash-for-clunkers. Retro cars: Mini, VW Beetle, PT Cruiser, Chevy SSR, Toyota GT86.
- Big Presidential lies: “Saddam has WMDs” and “You can keep your plan.”
- So long Ronald Reagan, Steve Jobs and space shuttle.
- Gates Foundation. Gay marriage. GMO labeling.
- Kyoto protocol, and (less) global warming.
- “Smart Growth” and “Livability” = Pack people in condos and trains. U.N. Agenda 21.
- I-35W bridge collapse. D grade for Infrastructure. Hurricane Katrina, BP Deepwater Horizon.
- Green energy black holes: Electric car/Fisker, solar/Solyndra, corn ethanol and wind farm subsidies.
- Oil at $147/barrel in mid-2008. Frack it! Natural gas to the rescue. Keystone XL pipeline.
- Infrastructure finance, PPP, open road tolling, road concession, EZPASS, HOT lanes.
- Google car and Google glass. Toyota Prius, Twitter, and tablets. Nanotechnology, carbon fiber, and composites.
- Boom: Android, Bitcoin, e-cigarettes, iMac, iBook, iTunes, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Made in China, Marijuana, Facebook, Lipitor, Smart Phones, Tesla car, Viagra.
- Bust: AOL, AltaVista, Pontiac, Plymouth, Lehman Brothers, BlackBerry, HealthCare.gov (?)
Around 2016: The Baby Boom social security and other social net overloading, the large pension underfunding of several states, and ObamaCare direct and indirect costs come to full bloom (and gloom.)
Notable International: The economies of BRICs and PIIGS *** No “Arab Spring,” Egypt, Syria and Benghazi *** ~270,000 dead by 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami *** 2004 Athens Olympics *** 3/11 Tsunami and Fukushima disaster in Japan *** Castro, Chavez, Gaddafi, Kim Jong-Il and Bin Laden gone *** So long Margaret Thatcher, Nelson Mandela and supersonic passenger flight (Concorde) *** Full double-decker 550-850 passenger A380.
Notes (*): The Economist, Barack Hussein Bush, Dec 17th 2008 *** The Wall Street Journal, Barack Hussein Bush, June 5, 2009
PPP = public-private partnership (or P3)
BRIC = Brazil, Russia, India and China
PIIGS = Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain
This summary does not include Entertainment and Sports highlights.