Some other recommendations:
- Fix the existing H-1 bottlenecks, such as the ones listed in this Honolulu Star Bulletin article.
- Implementing contraflow lanes along Dillingham Boulevard.
- Improving traffic signal timing and coordination, as mentioned in a previous post.
- Implementing or encouraging flextime or 4x10 work weeks - something which the State is now beginning to explore.
- Have the UH begin classes later, so that the earliest classes do not coincide with the peak of rush hour.
And in the longer term:
- Build one-lane-per-direction underpasses at existing maxed-out intersections that cannot be widenend.
- Build the reversible HOT lanes from the H-1/H-2 merge to Iwilei.